Sunday, February 9, 2020

Kumusta Kayo! 
I've missed everyone loads this week, but it's been the most fulfilling week so far here at the MTC!  Sister Muir, a senior missionary here asked me to play the piano and coordinate a special musical number for sacrament meeting!  She asked me out of the blue and I was very thrown off cause I had no idea she knew I played!  I'm still not sure how she knew but apparently some elders talked me up to her so she asked me.  My district sang my own arrangement of "A Child's Prayer"  and it was really flippin cool.  We practiced it all week and that meant I had lots of piano time (not actually a lot but better than nothing)  and we came a lot closer as a district through practicing the song.  The performance of it went really well and it invited the spirit.  Everyone in sacrament meeting was thrown off when I played the hymns for sacrament cause I don't play them how they're written, but I watched the whole congregation (only like 60 people)  all start smiling as we got into the songs and they started singing louder and louder.  The spirit was incredibly strong.  Afterwards everyone thanked me for playing and admired my skill and Sister Muir is gonna have me play more now HAHA.  

Before I get sounding way to cocky or boastful, the reason I tell this story:  Many of you know that music is one of the most important things in my life.  I've found in the last few weeks here at the MTC that music also brings me closer and closer to the spirit, so I challenge everyone to listen to some tabernacle choir or your favorite hymns this week in your homes.  It brings such a peaceful and serene spirit.   I dunno that's just what's been on my mind.

All that was also prevalent when we watched President Nelson's birthday celebration.  My only words were "hoooooly crap" after watching that broadcast with everyone at the MTC.  If you haven't seen it I encourage you to asap.

In other news:  The senior LTM's and RTM's left this morning and that wasn't fun cause I really looked up to and admired some of them.  Awesome examples to me.  I'll put pictures below.

Language is still sobrang mahirap!  Pero, mataas ang aking pag-asa.
I can recite stuff and know what it means, but grammar is very difficult.  I know lots of offensive words though! 

Lastly: Everyone keep the Kirk family in your prayers.  My mission president President Kirk, passed away this last week unexpectedly.  It's been quite heartbreaking to hear of his death and find out that we don't get to meet him.  His family is doing well as far as I know but pray for them! thank you.

Mahal ko kayong lahat palagi!

-Elder Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment